Tuesday 13 January 2009

My new makeup '120 Pro Palette' from Ebay!!

Hiya everybody! Thanks for checking out this blog, hope you enjoy reading it :). Or at least get a laugh out of my misfortunes that will no doubt come up haha.

This blogs going to be mostly about my attempts to use my new makeup '120 pro-palette' from Ebay (the only place I've seen it as it needs to be imported from Hong Kong):










Yayyy! I was a bit worried as some people receive palettes with some of the colours kind of crushed off all the shipping, but mine was in perfect condition. As you can tell from this photo though I've already managed to smash one! They're really good because they're soooo pigmented and each of the colours I'd say was about the size of a 2p piece. Mine cost £10.50 altogether including postage and packaging and I would say it was well worth it for the money!




Anyhoo, lately I've been just sort of experimenting with the colours such as trying this look (yep had to fling a bit of Lauren Luke in there I just love her tutorials!):




http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AXXTcfOrqT0

I know, it's crazy isn't it? I wore it out clubbing and I got so many compliments. Lately though I've been thinking about what colours would actually suit me as I have very pale skin and blue eyes when I came across this statement on the net:

"..Obviously blue on blue eyes wouldn't work and we don't need to tell you that matching your makeup to your outfit is so '80s - imagine the horror if you were wearing black and red.."

Yep you guessed it, I had matched my eyes to my outfit for that day... AND I was wearing black and red. The shame....



They suggested this though:




Apparently you're supposed to find your eye colour and then use all the opposite colours to make your eyes stand out. I'd say my eyes were most like the 'powder blue' colour, but what does that mean in reference to this chart?? That I should use the mint/salmon/lemon/pink or the really extreme opposite of my eye colour like the dark ones at the end like maroon? Ahhh I think I shall stick to matching colours to my outfit, I think it will be easier for the makeup challenged like myself haha :(. If anybody finds a good guide on the internet, or has any advice then please let me know!







(Edit: For more updates on the pro palette and to see the rest of my blog, go to

www.emma-90.blogspot.com )

No comments:

Post a Comment