Saturday 27 June 2009

WMIY and Book Review

Hiya :)
Recently I finished 'The Adultery Club' by Tess Stimson. I only got this as I seen an interview with her on 'This Morning', in which an agony aunt and the two presenters completely ripped her a new asshole for her traditional views on marriage. Apparently in this new book, based on both her experience as the naughty mistress and the wronged wife, she said in the situation of being cheated on it's better to literally 'Beat the Bitch' (the mistress) rather than kick your cheating piece of shit partner straight in the balls. So obviously this came in for alot of criticism. Oooh I was interested - I love something that can make me consider a totally different point of view and I really felt like she held her own and kept her cool in this interview. So I raced to the library but they don't have it yet, so I got this book out instead. It's pretty much the same subject, featuring the points of views of the wife, mistress and the husband. It's a fairly good book even if I don't agree with the ending! So I really would recommend it for a nice quirky book for some good holiday reading....
I'd give this 3.5/5

Another thing I've been up to is feeding my addictive need to have more clothes! This is a dress that I swapped on my favourite website to big up, whatsmineisyours.com. If you haven't read me nattering on about it before, it's a website where you post up photos of clothes or pretty much anything in your house you don't want and then negotiate swaps with other people for things you do want. Pretty much like ebay, but not usually involving currency. So I just swapped a beaded necklace that wasn't really my taste for the dress above, which I'd much rather have. It's cute and should get me through the summer :).


I've also just bought these eyelashes from Ebay as well as the pair below. They only worked out 26p each including p+p which is AMAZING, but they're a bit on the drag-act side so I'll have to attempt to trim them down. But to be fair for 52p, can you really complain?!



The name of the shop is oooushop I'm pretty sure, and the posting is very quick, within a week! And from Hongkong, that is no mean feat............

Anyhoo, I'm halfway through making a chocolate-cornflake-cake man for Steven with little chocolate smartie eyes yayyy. I think it's stuck to the gingerbread cutter though, which should be interesting. I'm going to sleep over his for a bit of TLC as my parents are driving me crazy. If I get up in time I'll even go to the carboot sale which is always full of bargains, so watch this space!

Loves x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment