Friday 14 August 2009

To speak or not to speak?

Ok guys, I'm not at 9st 3.4 so I'm at least not gaining at the moment! I hope that it stays off as I've been ill for the past week and had lost my appetite anyway. I'm hoping that it'll start hitting the higher ends of 8st with a bit of perseverance. I'd be totally ecstatic!


Anyway, I was watching episodes of 'The City' tonight. I love Whitney Port (the main person the cameras follow) and her full attitude to life. She just doesn't let those who are being snippy at her see they're affecting her, and rather than bite back she just swallows it up and lets them make a show of themselves to the public. Obviously we as viewers see the way that these other people have treat her and by not retaliating no bad shit rubs off on her, and we are left just judging those horrible people in the first place. For example, Olivia (somebody who works alongside Whitney in her job in fashion) took the credit for an outfit that Whitney had personally put together. Olivia got tons of credit for this whilst Whitney kept quiet to avoid creating waves at work, but obviously she never got away with this as the camera tells the truth.
But does this approach work in real life? After all, if somebody is taking us for a ride there's no public outcry and filming which says otherwise for us. That person is left to go on with the 'upper hand' of getting what they wanted whilst the person who didn't bite back gets trampled on. Sometimes I think "I'll say nothing and be the bigger person rather than cause drama", but the other side says "Why should I let *whoever* get away with this?!" What experiences do you gus share on this issue? What are you opinions?
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment