Tuesday 3 November 2009

Katie: My Beautiful Face

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/katie-my-beautiful-face

Above is a link to one of the most moving and inspirational stories I have EVER heard. Katie - a ridiculously beautiful glamour model and hopeful presenter had her life changed forever when her short term boyfriend subjected her to a brutal sexual attack and then hired a hitman to pour sulphuric acid in her face.

What upset me was Katie's negativity towards her face. Yes, her skin was scarred but she actually still looked beautiful because her facial structure and proportions were the same as ever. She still made a massive effort with her hair (which was gorgeous), she had a lush figure any girl would be jealous of and she was amazing at putting together an outfit. She's not only physically attractive but her personality was a total winner and the biggest reason she has ranked it into my top inspirational people of all time. She was funny, lighthearted, open and honest, and she was also very deep and thoughtful. After watching her show I just wanted to be like her (but not in a creepy stalker kind of way). I totally recommend watching her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment