Sunday 1 March 2009

You Are What You Eat



I've had a revelation! Well, sort of.

My normal weight without dieting etc. had always been 8 st 5 until I changed my contraceptive pill (for medical reasons) which made me a constant of 9st 3. I was a little bothered by it but lack of motivation etc. I ended up accepting it. Anyway, about three times a week at least I make a special effort to see one friend each (then usually do a group thing for the weekend) but because I'm on such a budget I've just been going to the same pizza place. I know, I know... Pizza is bad three times a week but at £3 it's all I could afford *shifty look*. Places like Nandos that sell stuff like chicken and salads usually work out to be £12 at least which is a distant dream for me haha. Before I knew it my weight had crept up to 9st 8 - I was gutted - because of my height of 5"2 this is basically making me borderline overweight. Just knowing that this is so much larger than what I should be made me feel so guilty. My former self a few years back would never ever have let me get like this. It's been two weeks and I've managed to get back down to 9st 3, but now I'm going to try go the full hog and back down to 8st5.


For inspiration I've bought the You Are What you Eat books but before I've always been put off by price of ingrediants and the thought they will taste like absolute crap and a waste of money. But in my new mindset I brutally forced myself to try them. They were amazing!!! I was so surprised something so healthy could taste so, so good. I made a Sweet Potatoe Soup for starters and for main I made chicken with coriander, spinach, ginger, garlic, mushroom and beansprouts. I was so surprised it's really inspired me to really try to eat like this all the time (so the plan goes for now...there's still a pizza in the fridge...). I've managed to stick to it so far today although it's before dinner time so I haven't really been tested just yet. I've already had porridge, I'm going to attempt poached eggs and spinach for dinner and for tea I might make the soup again so the ingrediants don't go to waste.

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment