Tuesday 28 July 2009

Burnt Toast on the 120 Pro-palette!

I've had the pro-palette since before christmas now so I thought I'd do a proper review on it :).

Cost: 7/10. You can pick these up off Ebay for £10 inc p+p. Search around using key words until you get a good deal and remember to check user ratings. I personally paid £15 but that's when everyone was after these bad boys. Alot cheaper than other brands and good quality.

Packaging: 9/10. Mine arrived in perfect condition after about a 3 week wait as it arrived from Hong Kong. I've heard of a few people who have had perhaps one or two of the colours a bit broken but this is to be expected in the post and I'd say is unlikely if they're packaged correctly.

Colour range: 7/10. The colours are varying and very beautiful on. They're very high intensity; I would not recommend most of the colours for day use as you would look a bit like a drag queen, but they're fab for a night out! I use the burgandy, whites, browns and creams for everyday use, and use the other colours for a night out. They're perfect for the party scene more than anything and look amazing to make your eyes really stand out.

Durability: 6/10. They last a long time, but if you start rubbing your eyes then it will end up smudged down your face - so keep those mitts away and they should stay put for the whole day or night!

Mark out of 10 overall: 8/10. Perhaps more natural colours could have been put in, but the overall cost and amazing range of colours for partying greatly outweighs this setback!

Love <3

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap that's a lot of colors! I tend not to wera a lot of makeup, but I LOVE buying it and would seriously be in heaven if I got that eyeshadow palette. Do you write much about skincare products? i've noticed that I tend to mostly go for makeup that allows m to wear as little of it as possible, like a goodd concealer. I also love experimenting with natural skincare products. I want to get to the point where my skin needs no makeup at all one day.

    Oh, to 'subscribe' to unchumpify you can go to http://feed2.feedburner.com/Unchumpify - this is the blog's RSS feed.

    ReplyDelete